Choose Multi Rotor Sub 25kg in Brisbane
Upgrade Training is for:
- current RPL. PPL, CPL or ATPL pilots wanting to obtain their Remote Pilot Licence in the under 7kg or 25kg weight class,
- or for current Remote Pilot Licence holders who wish to upgrade their current sub 7kg licence to a sub 25kg licence of the same type,
- or for current Remote Pilot Licence holders who wish to upgrade their current licence to include a different type of RPA on their licence.
The upgrade training application process is as follows:
- To apply for your initial Remote Pilot Licence if you hold a manned aviation licence, you submit form 101-01 together with our certificate and your proof of 5 hours logged directly to CASA, and you will need to pay the licence fee direct to CASA (currently $160).
- To vary your existing Controller Certificate or Remote Pilot Licence for a different type, we submit form 101-05 direct to CASA and we pay the CASA licence fee. You will however be required to provide a logbook proving recency as per the new MOS.
If you are upgrading from a sub 7kg RePL to a sub 25kg Licence of the same RPA type, and meet the logbook / recency requirements, then you are only required to successfully complete the one day practical for your sub 25kg upgrade.
Practical Competency Standards
- General English Language Proficiency (if not already held)
- Perform pre- and post-operation actions and procedures
- Energy management
- Manage crew, payload, and bystanders
- Navigation and operations
- Non-technical skills
- Automated flight management systems
- Control on ground, launch, hover, and landing
- Normal operations
- Advanced manoeuvres
- Tethered operations
- Abnormal situations and emergencies