Why should you use Wicked Copters to assist you with your ReOC?
Wicked Copters has assisted over 100 OC applicants (from single operators, government bodies, universities to companies) with their ReOC preparation and submission of CASA Forms, Operating Manual and Operational Procedures (Library).
To operate your heavier than 2kg drone commercially in Australia , you are required to work under a RPA Operator’s Certificate (ReOC). If you do not want to work for or under someone else’s ReOC, you will need to obtain your own RPA Operator’s Certificate.
Once you have obtained your Remote Pilot Licence (via RePL or Operation Training), you will be required to prepare and submit your ReOC Application in order to carry out any RPA commercial operation above 2kg (i.e. if you plan to carry out aerial photography for financial gain).
There are now two ways to apply for and obtain an initial-issue ReOC.
- Apply directly to CASA. or
- Apply through an authorised industry delegate. Industry delegates are currently authorised to issue ReOCs for non-complex aerial work operations only, although the scope of this authority may expand in the future.
We are able to assist you with your ReOC preparation and submission of the CASA Forms, Operating Manual, and your operational procedures (library) of Flight Manuals and Maintenance Manuals. In addition, we provide Chief Remote Pilot briefing and ReOC assessment assistance.
The complexity of the application will be determined by the operations you wish to conduct and the number and type of craft you wish to operate.
Our focus is broader than simply the ReOC application and is designed to facilitate the running of an operation under a ReOC, including:
- Discussion about the Operational Manual, including compliance obligations
- Assistance with completing the application forms
- Assistance with the development of documentation required to populate the Operational Procedures (Library)
- Key pointers about the actual assessment process
- Overview of mission planning and tasks
- Overview of additional operations and the application process.
You will need to supply all relevant information regarding your craft and operations to assist us to draw up the documents.
Note that you need to take ownership of the ReOC documentation and ensure that the content matches your operational needs. While we assist you to set up and create the documents to meet the ReOC submission requirement, the documentation content and craft specific data is your responsibility to ensure correctness. This service can include or exclude the fee payable to CASA or Authorised Delegate when you lodge your application direct.
Why do I need assistance?
The most common question we receive regarding ReOC Preparation is, “Can I just do it myself?”.
Yes. Absolutely. the ReOC documents can be developed by yourself and CASA even provide a basic template to do so. But then that leaves the question why do we advertise the service?
ReOC Preparation is not a small task, we have the knowledge behind us to develop ReOC manuals and procedures. We have assisted many individuals and companies to do so. CASA requires the manuals to be of a very high standard. The onus is on you, the Chief Remote Pilot, to ensure that your operations are fully compliant and that your risk register, log books, checklists, maintenance schedules, procedures etc. are correctly developed and completed.
Rather than just supplying you with templates, we run a dedicated workshop (face to face or over the phone / emails) where we guide you through the following:
- Completing the ReOC application (CASA Forms) for your planned operations,
- Editing CASA’s template Operations Manual to suit your planned operations,
- Developing your Operational Procedures (Library) based on the craft and other commitments made in the Operations Manual,
- Generating your Risk Register,
- Establishing appropriate Maintenance Schedules and Flight Checklists,
- Setting up completing logbook templates for your pilot(s), craft, maintenance and the batteries,
- Use of digital systems for Logbook simplification,
- Establishing compliant mission preparation
- Flying at night, up to 15m of people and within 3nm of airports procedures are covered.
Note that you need to take ownership of the ReOC documentation and ensure that the content matches your operational needs. While we assist you to set up and create the documents to meet the ReOC submission requirement, the documentation content and craft specific data is your responsibility to ensure correctness. This service excludes the assessment fee payable to CASA or Authorised Delegates after you lodge your ReOC application.
How do I Apply?
In order to apply for the ReOC, the process is fairly straight forward. You will need to:
- Hold a Remote Pilot Licence or UAV Controllers Certificate,
- Attend (in person or remotely) our ReOC Operator’s Certificate Workshop and assist with input to prepare documents,
- Lodge your ReOC application direct to CASA or Authorised Delegate by yourself directly.
- Pay the estimated fee to CASA or Authorised Delegate,
- Wait between 4 weeks (estimate only) for the assessment officer to provide assessment details,
- Successfully complete ReOC assessment,
- Wait 2-3 weeks for the ReOC to be issued
- Commence commercial operations above 2kg
Additional ReOC Procedures
ReOC holders may be permitted to conduct the following special operations, but not limited to, without obtaining additional exemptions from CASA or ASA:
- Operate up to 15m from people,
- Operate at night,
- Operate within 3nm of towered Airports,
- Operate in the Restricted Airspace in Sydney Harbour
Our RPA Operator’s Certificate fee excludes the lodgement fee to CASA or Authorised Delegate.
We accept Bank Transfer, PayPal, Visa, Master Card and AMEX without any surcharge. In addition, we can do Purchase Orders with payment terms (typical for government and organisations).
|ReOC Components||Non-Complex Operations||Complex Operations
|Number of Craft and Type||Multiple Craft and Types||Yes
|Advanced Operational Procedures||Yes||Yes
|Chief Pilot Briefing||Yes||Yes
|ReOC Assessment Assistance||Yes||Yes
|CASA Flight Test Required?||No||Yes
|CASA Delegate Option||Yes||No
|CASA ReOC Fees Included?||Optional||No
|Cost, Excluding CASA Fees||$1395||POA