Why do I need this course?:
If you are wanting to use your drone for mapping, then this course covers the practical operations and post processing of your images.
How long is the course?
The course runs from 8.30am to 4.30pm on both days.
This enables you to complete the practical mapping and upload the images for processing over night before the second day.
What do I need or to bring to attend this course?:
- A minimum of 5 hours flying experience
- Your Sub 2kg or sub 7kg drone, compatible with Pix4Dcapture and DroneDeploy
- Sufficent charged batteries for 4 flights.
- Your mobile device (Android or iOS) compatible as a screen for your drone and able to run the drones software and Pix4D capture and DroneDeploy
- Pix4Dcapture and DroneDeploy downloaded and installed on your mobile device (screen).
What is covered in this course?:
- Setting up your drone for optimum mapping
- Camera Settings
- Manual vs Auto settings
- Camera Functions for varying conditions
- Lenses and Filters
- Histogram, grids and centre points
- White Balance
- Image formats
- Pix4D and DroneDeploy overview
- Practical Mapping in the field using Pix4Dcapure and DroneDeploy
- Post processing and 2D / 3D outputs using DroneDeploy
What are the outcomes?:
- A Certificate of Achievement
- Experience in Planning, Flying and Processing Mapping Missions
- Post course student support on Q&A basis